Written by Steven Christian
Belden Communications News
Royal Caribbean International recently made some changes to its vaccination policy for cruises in and out of Florida.
According to a release put out by the cruise line, for any cruises out of Florida, guests are encouraged to be fully vaccinated; however, if you are not vaccinated or fail to show proof, you will have to pay for a COVID antigen test.
Any children not eligible for a vaccine will receive a free test.
Below are the updated vaccine requirements for all cruises starting immediately:
- Cruises from Seattle: Guests who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those 12 or older as of August 1.
- Cruises from Florida: Recommendations are that guests set sail fully vaccinated if they are eligible. Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols at their own expense. Based on a recent survey, the cruise line expects 90% of its guests to be fully vaccinated.
- Cruises from Texas: Guests who are 12 years of age or older must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Cruises from The Bahamas: Guests who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those 12 or older as of August 1.
- Cruises from the United Kingdom: Sailing residents above the age of 18 must be vaccinated against COVID-19, and those under the age of 18 are required to receive negative test results.
- Cruises from Cyprus: Guests over 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under 18 with negative test results can sail.
- Cruises from Spain and Italy: Guests over 18 who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under 18 with negative test results can sail.
- Cruises from Singapore: Sailing Singapore guests are not required to be vaccinated but must follow the protocols outlined by the Singapore government.
Guests and travel advisors looking for information on the cruise lines measures can visit Royal Caribbean International's website: cruises from U.S. and Bahamas, cruises from U.K and Cyprus, cruises from Spain and Italy, and cruises from Singapore.